The role and function of Branches and convenors is to organise events and activities with the volunteers and Convenors to provide a range of services to facilitate the active participation of older women in the management of their own health and well-being and to promote health equity between all women by targeting vulnerable and disadvantaged women.
The Convenor and team delegates tasks and is the main ink between branch, Coordinator and the Management Committee.
- Organises events with the team
- Disseminates information on issues of importance identified by members
- Encourages members to join the team and attend community health education sessions
- Provides a quarterly report and calendar of activities for OWN (Qld) newsletter; and
- Is responsible for advertising/promoting meetings and events